Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Heaven's Confidant - A Poem

Twinkle, twinkle little star.
Shine in and pierce through the dark.
Light a fire in this cold heart
And show me visions of worlds afar.

Cry your silver tears for me.
Smile and laugh so I can see
Beauty and hope in a world that has failed me
And tossed my dreams into the sea.

Whisper stories in my ear.
Sing to me to ease my fears.
You seem so far away, though you're so near.
Draw close to me; I need you here.

Little star shining in the sky.
Shine through my window; don't pass me by.
I see you glitter through the night,
Then watch you slip out of sight.

Little star, don't slip away.
Tell me that you're here to stay.
Yes, there are many other stars, but none can say
That they sparkle in your special way.

My dear little star, don't you know
That you're the only one who can show
Me that I'm loved? I'm not alone.
Stay with me. Please don't go.

No comments:

Post a Comment